- My good friend Matt ‘Stumblefuck’ Weiland, ex-Rupture guitarist and songwriter, has been indispensable to the creation of this website. Without his constant encouragement and unfailing belief in the value of the project, I doubt I would have started, much less completed it. Further, he has been generous in the extreme in his technical assistance, lending his expertise to remastering the taped band recordings to CD and bringing to reality aspects of web and t-shirt design that would otherwise have remained tapping unanswered at the doors of my imagination. Anyone out there interested in creating a band website, promo t-shirts and independently released and designed CD packages, Matt’s services come highly recommended as representing truly extraordinary value. My sincere thanks, Matt.
- I thank my old friend, former rock music mentor and ex-Geeks singer and Hitler Youth singer/songwriter, Lloyd, for contributing Lloyd’s Perth Punk Memoirs to this site. His wit, insight, merciless honesty and refusal to be swayed by the truisms of other histories are, I think, rare in the genre of rock criticism. Thanks to Lloyd, also, for his assistance with chronological concerns and for forcing me to defend the perspectives he does not share – in so doing, I have been obligated to impose on myself a rigour of thought and research for which my writing is the better.
- Thanks to all band members who contributed their reminisences: James Baker, Dave ‘Rudolph’ Cardwell, Max Kittler and Colin Dowson. Thanks, also, to all others who have contributed their written perspectives, reflections and photos to the site, thus providing a composite picture of an era that is long gone, but still of personal and culturally historical significance to many. Andrew ‘Hassa’ Hassack, Martin Visser and Trena Buncle are acknowledged for their photos of The Orphans.
- Thanks to Julie Kitto for providing original tapes of The Orphans in rehearsal she and her sister Yvonne recorded way back in 78. Selected material from these tapes was remastered and included on the Orphans Exposed live CD.
- Thanks to Claire Hodgson whose idea to film a documentary of the early Perth punk period was the initial, albeit unwitting, inspiration for the perthpunk project.
- Thanks to suicidecrew for the fire background graphic.
- Finally, I thank my partner and my rock, Janis, for her unending support and patience in tolerating my obsession in completing this project over a period of time that has extended far beyond the anticipated and the reasonable.